We Need Your Support...
Twenty-seven of Nassau County's promising young citizens will graduate this year and enter college next fall because of your generous gifts to Take Stock in Children's Scholarship Fund in the past.
This year we had 70 applicants but were only able to accept 22 new students due to the decline in scholarship gifts. Please help us Keep the Promise of scholarships, mentors and hope to more students.
Your scholarship donation to Take Stock in Children 200% Guarantee.
100% of your donation will be used to purchase a four-year, full-tuition scholarship to a Florida state college or university.
100% of all donations will be matched, dollar-for-dollar, by the Florida Prepaid Foundation's Project Stars program.
We also have several private donors who generously offered to match any increased donation dollar-for-dollar. This means that any increase over your donation last year has a 400% guarantee. These funds are matched on a first come first served basis.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 800-HELPFLA (800-435-7352) OR VIA THE INTERNET AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. REGISTRATION #CH39852
Keeping the Promise
Our Promise to our Students
To ensure the students graduate from high school and earn their four-year tuition scholarship we promise our students:
- Weekly meetings at school with a caring mentor
- Personalized college readiness support
- Guidance in meeting their TSIC contract obligation to:
- Maintain good attendance and behavior records
- Meet TSIC's GPA requirement
- Attend college readiness programs
- Remain crime and drug free
Our Promise to our Donors
We promise our donors to maximize their investment in our students.
- Match each donation with public dollars
- Keep your gift local
- Apply rigorous program entrance standards
- Monitor student progress in college
- Repurpose any unused scholarship credits for use by other students